Video: Installing TRIAX UFO 170 Antenna
A TV antenna can be installed on the roof or an indoor antenna can be used in a motorhome or a boat. The choice of antenna for a motorhome or boat depends, among other things, on the available power supply options (mains, battery, power from TV).
The antennas designed for motorhomes and boats are compact in size, easy to align, and offer different power supply options.
Triax UFO 170 Antenna
The most popular antenna for motorhomes and boats is Triax's UFO 170. It is a small-sized antenna designed for boats and motorhomes. Due to its 360° reception, the antenna receives signals from all directions. The integrated 28 dB amplifier requires a 5 ... 24 V power supply.
The antenna can be powered by a solar panel, TV, digital set-top box (5V), battery (12-24V), or an external power supply. The antenna is LTE700 & LTE800 protected and suitable for FM/UHF / DVB-T/T2 signal reception.
The Triax IFP 224 power supply unit is suitable for supplying power to the Triax UFO 170 antenna. The power supply is shielded against interference, and the cables are connected to the device with F connectors. The power supply is 24 V / 200 mA (@ 100-240 VAC) or 12 V / 200 mA from the battery. The power supply primarily draws power from the mains, and if the mains power is not available, it draws power from the battery. It is also suitable for use with solar panels because the voltage can vary between 12 - 24 V. It can be connected directly to two TVs or a TV and a radio.
The Triax UFO 170 is a small-sized antenna that can be installed in almost any location. The antenna is perfect for travel and can be easily installed on a boat, motorhome, roof, or balcony. The weather and wind-resistant, waterproof structure protects the antenna from corrosion caused by seawater. The product includes roof, mast, and universal brackets suitable for antenna installation.
Whether you travel anywhere by motorhome or boat - the best choice for TV signal reception is Triax UFO 170
1. For installation, you need the antenna, a power supply for voltage input, a suitable length of antenna cable, and the necessary connectors. All of these items are included in Kotiantenni's PACKAGE DEAL Triax UFO 170 + power supply + 10 m cable.
2. The antenna's 360° reception capability allows it to receive signals from any direction, so it does not need to be pointed in a specific direction.
3. Choose the most suitable bracket from the mounting hardware included with the product. The optimal location for installation is usually on the roof of a motorhome. Sometimes, the Triax UFO 170 antenna is barely noticeable on the roof of a motorhome because it is small and dish-shaped. There are four different brackets included in the package, so the antenna can be installed in almost any location.
4. The Triax UFO 170 antenna has an integrated 28 dB amplifier and requires 5 ... 24 V power supply. It is recommended to use a compatible Triax IFP 224 power supply with the antenna. The power supply is interference-protected, and the cables are connected to the device with F-connectors. The power supply is interference-protected, and the cables are connected to the device with F-connectors. Network/power supply 24 V / 200 mA (@ 100-240 VAC) or 12 V / 200 mA from the battery. The power supply primarily draws power from the mains, but if mains power is not available, it draws power from the battery.
5. Triax UFO 170 antenna is suitable for FM/UHF / DVB-T/T2 signal reception. The antenna also has an LTE filter, so the TV signal is LTE-protected.
The package includes the following items:
|- TV antenna with integrated amplifier|
|- Power supply for voltage input|
|- 10 m antenna cable|
|- Mounting hardware|
Antenna Guide is a collection of Nordic Antenna articles related to choosing the right antenna, antenna installation, and antenna alignment. You can also find general information about TV and 4G/5G issues in our guides.
Why does the TV image stutter, pixelate, or not show at all? Learn more about common antenna problems and instructions for solving them: TV channels not showing, what to do?
Nordic Antenna Ltd
20780 Kaarina, FINLAND
The shop sells products to adult individuals. The prices of the products include value-added tax. We reserve the right to change prices and shipping costs.
Products are ordered in the online store by adding them to the shopping cart and paying for the contents of the shopping cart using an online payment service. All customer information is handled confidentially. Contact information requested at the time of ordering will not be used for any purpose other than delivering the order or resolving any ambiguities that may arise, unless otherwise specified. When ordering from the online store, you are required to familiarize yourself with and commit to the current delivery terms and conditions.
Nordic Antenna Ltd
20780 Kaarina, FINLAND
You have the right to cancel this agreement within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period ends within 14 days starting from the day you received the last shipment, or in the case of downloadable products, from the moment you received the order.
In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, you must notify us of your decision to cancel the agreement in an unambiguous way (for example, by mail or by email). You can also use our printable return form, but its use is not mandatory.
To comply with the deadline for withdrawal, it is sufficient that you submit your notice of cancellation before the end of the withdrawal period.
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
You must return the goods without delay and no later than 14 days after informing us about your decision to withdraw from the contract. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You are only responsible for the kind of value decrease of the goods that did not result from treatment that is required for determining the nature, properties and functionality of the goods.
Not claiming a package is not the same as returning or cancelling an order. If you do not claim an order and do not make a separate cancellation notice, we will charge you for the delivery costs.
If a product has been lost or damaged during delivery, or if it does not otherwise correspond to your order, you must notify us of the error in writing no later than 14 days after delivery. You can do this by sending a notice to the address specified in the Cancellation and Return Policy section or by calling the telephone number provided in the contact information. If the package has clearly been damaged during delivery, you must immediately make a complaint to the transportation company of the chosen delivery method.
We do not take responsibility for delays caused by force majeure or indirect damages caused by delays. The online store will inform about exceptional delivery times on its website.